Villa Aurora & Thomas Mann House e. V. is committed to data protection in general and to the protection of your personal data. We gladly set out the basis on which we will process any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us.
Your data are processed on behalf of
Villa Aurora & Thomas Mann House e. V.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website *.vatmh.org, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected and stored without your intervention:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL), used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) Information on our newsletters and consent
i) When registering for our newsletter
If, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO, you have explicitly given consent, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. To receive our newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient.
The deregistration is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively you can also send your unsubscribe request to email@example.com by e-mail at any time.
The German newsletter is sent via Cleverreach, a newsletter dispatch platform of Cleverreach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstrasse 43, 26180 Rastede in Germany. The e-mail addresses of our newsletter recipients, as well as their other information described in these notes, are stored on Cleverreach’s servers in secure data centers, exclusively in Europe. Cleverreach uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. Furthermore, Cleverreach may, according to its own statement, use this data to optimize or improve its services, e.g. for the technical optimization of the dispatch and the presentation of the newsletter or for economic purposes, to determine from which countries the recipients come. We trust in the reliability, IT and data security of Cleverreach. Information on data security at Cleverreach can be found here: https://www.cleverreach.com/en/datasafety/
The US newsletter is distributed via Constant Contacts, a newsletter dispatch platform owned by Constant Contact, Inc., 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451, USA. The e-mail addresses of the newsletter recipients, as well as their other information described in these notes, are stored on the Constant Contact servers in secure data centers in the United States. Furthermore, Constant Contact may, according to they own statement, use this data to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. for the technical optimization of the shipping and the presentation of the newsletter or for economic purposes, to determine from which countries the recipients come. Information on privacy at Constant Contacts can be found here: https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement
ii) Double-Opt-In and logging
The registration for our newsletter takes place in a so-called double opt-in procedure. After registration, you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with e-mail addresses which are not their own.
The registration for the newsletter will be logged in order to prove the registration process according to the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the login and the confirmation time, as well as the IP address. Similarly, the changes to your data stored with Cleverreach or Constant contacts will be logged.
iii) Statistical survey and analysis
The newsletters contain a so-called “web-beacon”, i.e. a pixel-sized file that is retrieved from the Cleverreach and Constant Contacts server when the newsletters are opened. By this means the providers collect technical information, such as information about the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and time of retrieval. This information is used to improve the technical performance of services based on their specifications or audience and their reading habits, based on their locations (which can be determined using the IP address) or access times. Statistical surveys also will determine if the newsletters are be opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked.
iv) Online and data management
There are cases where we direct the newsletter recipients to the Cleverreach or Constant Contact websites. Our newsletters, for example, contain a link that allows newsletter recipients to retrieve newsletters online (for example, in the case of display problems in the e-mail program). Furthermore, newsletter recipients can store their data, such as correct the e-mail address later. In this context, we point out that cookies are used on the Cleverreach and Constant Contact websites and that personal data is processed by Cleverreach and Constant Contact, its partners and service providers (such as Google Analytics). We have no influence on this data collection. For more information, see the Cleverreach and Constant Contact Privacy Statements. Please also refer to the possibility of objecting to the data collection for advertising purposes on the websites http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (for the European area).
v) Termination | Revocation
You can terminate the receipt of our newsletters at any time, ie. Revoke your consent. You can unsubscribe from the German newsletter at the following link: https://seu2.cleverreach.com/f/176959-174078/
Unsubscribing from Constant Contact is possible at any time, for example via the link at the end of each newsletter
By doing so your consent to receiving our newsletters via Cleverreach / Constant Contacts and data processing will lapse. A separate revocation either to receive our newsletter or data processing unfortunately is not possible.
vi) Legal basis of our data policy
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), which will apply from 25 May 2018, we inform you that your consent to receiving our addresses is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, 7 DSGVO and § 7 (2) no. 3 and (3) UWG. The utilization of the services provided by Cleverreach and Constant Contact, as well as statistical surveys and analyzes as well as logging the registration process, are based on our legitimate interests in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. We are interested in using a user-friendly and secure newsletter system that serves both our business interests and the expectations of our users.
We further point out that you can object to any future processing of your personal data in accordance with the statutory requirements. Art. 21 DSGVO at any time. The objection may in particular be made against processing for direct marketing purposes. For this we ask you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(As of May 2018, based on a template by lawyer Dr. Thomas Schwenke.)
3. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given explicit consent to this, according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO is a legal obligation,
- this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
Inside the cookie information is stored, each resulting from the connection of our website with a specific terminal used by you. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Youtube, Vimeo and Soundcloud
If you want to see and hear embedded video and audio recording on this site, personal information (IP address) will be sent to the operator of the video portal. Therefore, it is possible for the video provider to save your traffic and analyze your behavior.
The use of YouTube, Vimeo and Soundcloud is in the interest of an attractive presentation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
6. Social Media
Villa Aurora & Thomas Mann House e. V. operates pages and accounts on the following social networks:
- Facebook: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland. For more information about Facebook’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook has submitted to the EU Privacy Shield (certificate available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
- Instagram: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland. For more information on Instagram’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content. Facebook has submitted to the EU Privacy Shield (certificate available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
- Twitter: Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). For more information on Twitter’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en. Twitter has submitted to the EU Privacy Shield (certificate available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active).
- flickr: SmugMug Inc. (67 E. Evelyn Ave, Suite 200 Mountain View, California, U.S.). For more information on Twitter’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit https://www.smugmug.com/about/privacy-flickr.
- Soundcloud: SoundCloud Limited, Rheinsberger Str. 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany. For more information on Facebook’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit https://soundcloud.com/pages/privacy.
- Vimeo: Vimeo, Inc., 555 West 18th Street, NY, New York 10011, USA ,. For more information on Twitter’s data processing and how to set privacy preferences, visit https://vimeo.com/privacy
The use of this social media is in the interest of an attractive presentation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
7. Affected rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can aks us to provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a the right to complain, the source of the data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of Legal claims is required;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you assert this, Exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person responsible;
- according to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.